At first glance of the Z1 reveals a contemporary high-performance road helmet with a deeper shell structure along the temporal zone. Lazer calls it T-Pro or "temporal protection," meaning it adds material around the temples, which then cuts away at the frontal zone to keep your vision unobstructed. Constructing this area, along with the rest of the lid, is Lazer's proven RBS (Rigidity Brace System). Lazer likens it to a car's roll cage, in that during a crash it helps keep the cracked EPS intact to provide some additional protection.
In terms of ventilation, the Z1 has 31 strategically placed vents, allowing massive doses of cooling air to flow in the front of the helmet and over the head, before exiting out the back. Not surprisingly, the numerous and large ventilation design contributes to the Z1's claimed 190-gram weight in a size small.
Lazer also spent time rethinking its retention system, which now adds even more adjustability for an ultra-precise fit. Called the ARS (Advanced Rollsys System) it features a top-mounted dial connected to a band that tightens symmetrically, evenly distributing pressure across the head. Furthering this is its "head basket" cradle at the back of the head, featuring five up and down positions for an optimal hold.
- A premium racing helmet with a premium mix of features
- In-mold shell boosts impact diffusion
- Rigidity Brace System adds additional shell support
- T-Pro technology offers additional temple protection
- ARS retention system adjusts fit adjusts across multiple axes ensuring comfort
- Highly ventilated shell shuttles cooling air on hot days