Modern carbon rims and tires create a real challenge for traditional tire levers, and the new wave of tubeless setups have take the challenge to the next level. Tire fits are tighter than they’ve ever been, while carbon rims require non-metal levers to resist damage to the bead or brake surface during use.
Previous solutions to this problem have involved using a metal core inside of a plastic lever, however this solution has its own challenges as the core of the lever is where you can add the least stiffness and strength. This leaves metal core levers both less stiff and heavier than they need to be.
Road.cc 2021 Review, The Best of.... Click Here
In the meantime, here's some general advice from us.
- Tire Levers Premio should ONLY be used to remove the tire. Never use a tire lever to aid in tire installation. This is not the intended use case for the tool and could result in damage.
- Make sure the orientation of the blade of your tire lever is correct before use. Using a tire lever that is upside down is not only more difficult to use but it could result in damage.
- We don't recommend using tire levers if you're using latex inner tubes.
Carbon safe tire levers that are made from an ultra strong forged alloy with a reinforced nylon coating to protect the carbon rims.
• Carbon safe
• Forged alloy construction
• Reinforced nylon rim shield
• Integrated spoke-hook wing
• 36g - two levers and neoprene sleeve
SILCA LIFETIME WARRANTY
The SILCA Lifetime Warranty covers products from manufacturing defects for the lifetime of the user. It further covers the function of all hard parts for 7 years from the date of purchase. Expected wear and tear is not covered. Learn more about warranties.
0% INTEREST FOR SIX MONTHS
We offer financing on all purchases over $350 made with your MECHANIC/bicycle pro shop credit card. Instant approval allows to buy what you really want.
We offer ENVE SES Wheelsets, Open Cycle Builds, and TERN E-Cargo Bike Demos. Demos are using the bike in the way it was intended, more than a couple of laps on a side street. Take an Open U.P. to The Wiss, run a lightweight carbon ENVE wheelset for an important race, or see what it's like to grocery shop and school run on an e-cargo bike. All demo fees are applied directly to your purchase. Message us to get your demo started.